Franchise Business Review is a national market research firm and media company covering the franchise industry. We are seeking an Editorial Director to oversee the strategy and development of all our small business content for both print publications and our website. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and a proven track record.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and edit content from staff, freelance writers, and content partner contributors
- Research, conduct interviews, write, and oversee the production of FBR’s printed reports
- Write special industry reports, articles, blogs, e-newsletters, and video/webinar content, optimized for search engines
- Engage and grow FBR’s small business/entrepreneurial audience.
- Serve as media liaison and pitch stories based on FBR research
- Identify opportunities for media exposure and increased distribution for FBR content
- 7+ years of editorial/journalism/online content experience
- Expert writing/editing skills with both long-form and short-form content
- Demonstrated ability to think both creatively and strategically, with detail-oriented execution
- Understanding of SEO/SEM, Google Adwords PPC campaigns and similar marketing
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/English/Communications preferred
- Online content marketing and business reporting background a big plus
About Franchise Business Review (FBR)
Franchise Business Review is a national market research, media, and consulting company based in Portsmouth, NH. We offer a competitive salary, 401k with match, health insurance reimbursement, team bonus plan, 20 paid holidays/vacation days, and a casual work environment in downtown Portsmouth (with parking!). Compensation: Salary DOE.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and writing samples to [email protected], Subject: Editorial Director