Published February 17, 2022
30 little things you can do that make a big difference to others—and yourself
There are many benefits of being kind. It releases hormones that make you feel calm, boosts your energy and mood, and impacts your overall positivity and happiness. With more organizations focused on creating a positive culture, there is a place for kindness in business, and we’re here to promote and celebrate those that spread kindness.
With that in mind, we created our “Random Acts of Kindness in Franchising” to recognize those little things that make a big difference.
- Send a handwritten card
- Buy a coffee for a stranger
- Make a playlist for someone
- Treat someone to lunch
- Make an entry in a gratitude journal
- Shop at locally owned and operated franchise
- Hold a door for someone
- Invite someone to a 919 Marketing #whiskeywednesday toast
- Let someone know you appreciate them (and why)!
- Give feedback about a good customer service experience
- Donate time or $$ to a charity
- Ask someone “What can I do for YOU?” and follow through (a nod to the “Mayor of Franchising”, Jerry Darnell)
- Text someone to let them know you’re thinking of them
- Tell someone something specific you love about them
- Compliment a stranger
- Share one of your 2022 personal or professional goals with someone
- Support someone’s fundraiser
- Record a video and post on social media—praise a person or business, or do something to inspire or encourage others
- Tell someone about franchising (Uber driver, someone in an elevator, waitstaff)
- Make an introduction for people to connect
- SMILE at someone (even in a mask, they can feel it)
- Say good morning and ask a stranger how they’re doing
- Buy coffee for someone who looks like they need it
- Be positive when others start talking negatively
- Let someone cut in front of you in line
- Brag about someone to their boss
- Leave a motivating and kind Post-It Note on the bathroom mirror
- Offer someone something from your bag to help (gum, BAND-AID, mints, a mask, Tylenol)
- Give (or send) someone a copy of a great recent read
- Invite someone to join you in completing Random Acts of Kindness
Capture your act, or someone else’s, share it on social media with #FranchiseRockStarKindness and tag Franchise Business Review. We might just surprise you with a Franchise Rock Star treat when you least expect it!
Download the Random Acts of Kindness in Franchising Checklist here.
Franchises are responsible for thousands of acts of kindness in their local communities. From championing paper straws to ensuring suppliers adhere to the highest standards of animal welfare, from reducing packaging to using only Eco-Friendly cleaning products, they are deeply connected to making their communities a better place. The #LoveFranchising campaign offers free resources to help franchisors spread awareness of the positive impact of local franchises.
Download Free Resources